Dental implant marketing is all about knowing your audience and meeting them just where they are. And the audience for dental implants is made up largely of older adults, since 1 in 5 adults over 65 have lost all of their teeth.
And this sector of the population is growing. Today, those over 65 make up 16.9% of the US population. By 2060 however, the number of adults over 65 is expected to reach 98 million with the age group making up 24% of the population.
Unlike younger people who usually point first at financial considerations, older adults might raise other objections. Here are some of the things that seniors might say in regards to implants.
- “I’m already a senior. I won’t be around that much longer.”
- “Would implants actually make that much difference in my life?”
- “Do implants actually work for older people?”
- “My bones are probably too brittle from osteoporosis to allow for implants.”
- “I’m only missing a few teeth, so it’s not a big deal.”
- “My dentures are unhandy, but implants would probably be much the same.”
Statements like these are very common from seniors! And this fact underscores the importance of educational dental implant marketing in telling the truth both about how many seniors are implant candidates and about how life-changing dental implants could be for them!
The bottom line is to emphasize in your dental implant marketing that age should never be a barrier to implants!
Additional Dental Implant Marketing Points
Additional points for your dental implant marketing to seniors in order to counter these objections:
- Life expectancy increases can easily mean 20+ years remaining for 60-70-year-olds.
- No age is too old for implants – 80-90-year-olds have had the procedure done.
- Implants have just as good of a success rate for healthy older people as for younger ones.
- The quality of life you could experience could easily make it worth it. Being able to eat the foods you want to and socialize, smile, and dine in company without fear is an immense benefit for your remaining years.
- Patients with osteoporosis have just as good of chances of being implant patients as those without. Implants can also allow you to improve your diet and prevent further osteoporosis.
- Living with missing teeth can increase your chances of a multitude of health problems, including oral cancer.
- Implants are in a completely different league from dentures. Implants are far more comfortable, stable, and permanent. No more restrictions on what foods they can eat. No more slipping, clacking, or soaking at night. Not to mention no more replacing them every couple of years!
How much difference could we make in our communities if seniors actually KNEW all of this?
Make it your mission in your dental implant marketing to meet seniors where they are, countering their objections which are so often based on ignorance.
You need to TELL them that even if they only have another decade of life or less to live, dental implants are still easily worth it!
You need to TELL them that resigning themselves to eating soft foods for their remaining days is NOT necessary!
You need to SHOW them how different dental implants are from dentures. No more nasty glue or any of the other problems they know so well.
Instead, a life-changing improvement in health and self-confidence can be theirs!
The results of spreading this message to the people who, as of 2021, controlled at least 27% of the nation’s wealth could be impressive. Many seniors have more assets and are more willing to spend money on themselves than almost ever before.
Would you like to improve your dental implant marketing and better reach this wealthy group who so often desperately need your services?
For help getting this message out to the senior citizens in your community, reach out to Client Connection Group Today!
We have years of experience in educating seniors and all others through our non-salesy social media advertising, and we can’t wait to help you reach your goals as well!