Dental implant marketing deserves every effort that we can give it.
Dental implants represent the biggest advance in dentistry within the last 50 years. And their quality and effectiveness has done nothing but climb since the benefits of titanium and its potential for osseointegration were first discovered in the 1970s.
And dental implants are surging in popularity. According to the latest study by iData Research, over 3 million dental implants are placed each year in the United States. And the global market size for dental implants is projected to reach 6.31 billion by 2030 – even after taking a real hit in 2020 due to the COVID lockdowns. (The following table shows projected global growth from the 2020 level.)
But the big question for dental implant marketing is this: Do the millions of potential implant patients TRULY understand the consequences of living with missing teeth and the life-changing benefits that implants offer?
In other words, wouldn’t the market grow even faster if MORE people had MORE information?
Client Connection Group thinks so!
Dental Implant Marketing – What Information Do Our Patients Need?
We should always keep two questions in mind as we explore dental implant marketing:
- What kind of person would want dental implants?
- What is stopping them from seeking dental implant treatment today?
We explored the categories of people seeking implants in an earlier blog post (7 Powerful Dental Implant Marketing Ideas), so let’s zero in on what might be stopping our audience from seeking treatment today.
Three things spring to mind:
- Lack of awareness of the dangers of missing teeth. They are aware of the negative aesthetics and the fact that partial edentulism isn’t good for eating and speaking, but do they know how many health risks it actually exposes them to? (See below.)
- Ignorance of the high success rate with implants. Do they realize that that dental implants in 2022 have a success rate of 98%?
- Fear of the high cost. We need to help them realize that the permanence and success of the implant solution makes it a cost-effective option in the long run. Many people are also unaware of how many financing options for implants are available to them.
With this in mind, here are 11 messages we should be passionately sharing with prospective patients in our dental implant marketing.
- First off – they’re in good company! More than 36 million Americans do not have any natural teeth, and 120 million people in the U.S. are missing at least one tooth.
- Healthy teeth and a healthy mouth are essential to a good quality of life. (This, they undoubtedly already know, but it doesn’t hurt to remind them again!)
- The consequences of missing teeth often include significant nutritional changes, danger of obesity, diabetes and coronary artery disease, and increased risk of some forms of cancer.
- Oral cancer kills one American every hour of every day, according to the National Cancer Institute. The death rate is higher than that of many better-known cancers such as melanoma.
- Modern implants are composed of an artificial tooth and a bio-compatible post. The implant post replaces the tooth roots and provides a solid base for the artificial tooth.
- Implants are often made from titanium that actually undergoes osseointegration with their jawbone!
- Implants thus preserve jawbone density since the jawbone responds to the implant post just as it would to the roots of a tooth. Without implants, jawbones can shrink up to 25% in the first year of tooth loss!
- Moreover, within that year the adjacent teeth can shift as well, leading to complications and the need for bone grafting down the road before an implant could be placed.
- The daily care and maintenance requirements of dental implants are much more straightforward than those of traditional dentures.
- Dental implants are both indistinguishable from natural teeth and represent a permanent replacement for them. This makes them a cost-effective option in the long run.
- Implants have a very high success rate – it now stands at 98% for patients with sufficient and healthy jawbones!
This information, presented in dental implant marketing that is focused on the needs of the patient, is powerful indeed!
Most people who have experienced tooth loss are overwhelmingly self-conscious about it, but do not realize that justifiable concern exists at many other levels besides simply appearance.
They also probably don’t realize that dental implants could help them completely regain their confidence!
Especially emphasize the last two points. Dental implants are
- 98% Successful
Can we get that message out in our dental implant marketing to the millions of people who don’t realize what’s available to them?
There’s an old saying that “What you don’t know won’t hurt you,” but that’s simply not true!
If you are struggling with your dental implant marketing, Client Connection Group can help you reach all the people in your community who suffer because of what they don’t know about dental implants.